I look forward to the possibility of hearing some good news about the bank’s finances at the meeting tomorrow. I don’t hold a lot of hope, but wish for the best. The employees deserve it and so do the communities involved, along with the shareholders.
Unless there is a dramatic change in the outlook, I will withdraw my nomination of Steve to the board. I’m no banker, but the consensus is that it is highly unlikely, though not impossible, that the survival of the bank as we know it, is in the cards.
The proxy access proposal will be presented. It is important if the bank survives intact.
By the way, there were several proxy access proposals put forth in 2012. A few were allowed but more were disallowed from the corporate proxies. I was actually astounded that this proposal was to be included on the bank’s proxy. It appeared to be virtually no contest to have it thrown out by the SEC, when challenged by corporate attorneys. It wasn’t even challenged here, but then the board made a recommendation to vote against it. So it goes.
If memory serves, the bank usually announces somewhere near the outset of the meeting, that they hold enough shares to carry the vote. I would be surprised if that weren’t the case tomorrow, too. That would render the previously mentioned actions moot, of course. But still of some importance.